It’s Friday again which means that it’s time for the Friday Five Link up with Courtney at Eat Run Pray DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run for the weekly link-up. If you haven’t checked out these ladies blogs yet, you totally should. They are fun, feisty and not afraid to call it like they see it.
This weeks theme: 5 ways to stay on track / healthy during the holidays
1. Pre-game a meal or party before I leave the house. And by this I mean I don’t go hungry to a party or a meal away from my home. I will have a sensible snack before leaving so I don’t hit the appetizers like a starving person.
2. Water: drink it, live it, know it. Drinking water keeps you feeling fuller so you aren’t as likely to over eat.
3. alcohol. I avoid it. It’s full of empty calories that I don’t need. Plus I’d rather have 100 calories of my moms pumpkin pie than have a glass of wine for the same amount. Or mashed potatoes. Or turkey. Or stuffing. Pretty much anything else.
4. Get your run on before you eat. Run a turkey trot in your area or just run for fun. Burn off those calories so you don’t have to sweat it while you’re enjoying your family dinner.
5. Offer to help with the dishes or clear the table. You’ll be moving around and you won’t be sitting at the table picking at whatever you left on your plate.
What are your ways of staying on track/health during the holidays? Share your tips!
Who’s running a turkey trot day on Thanksgiving day? Mine is the Saturday prior since I’m going to be out-of-town on the actual holiday.