It’s Friday again which means that it’s time for the Friday Five Link up with Courtney at Eat Run Pray DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run for the weekly link-up. If you haven’t checked out these ladies blogs yet, you totally should. They are fun, feisty and not afraid to call it like they see it.
This weeks theme: Five Reasons to Run a Half Marathon
1. Pride. Saying you’re going to do it is a whole lot different from actually doing it. A lot of hard work and effort goes into this.
2. Post race food. I like to eat as evidenced by my hips…j/k but I do love to eat. Post race allows me to eat a special treat once in a while that I generally save as a reward for doing something awesome…like running a half marathon.
3. To prove to yourself that you’re capable of so much more than you ever thought possible. It never ceases to amaze me that I can run as far as I do. I’ve never been particularly athletic. I never played sports in high school and until I started running a few years ago, the only reason I ran was for ice cream.
5. Bling. I mean hellooooo! Who doesn’t love a shiny new medal to hang on the wall!
4. To be the best me that I can be. Simple as that.
What are your reasons for running?