It’s Friday again which means that it’s time to link up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run. If you haven’t checked out these girls blogs yet, you totally should. They are all fun, witty girls with some pretty interesting things to say.
This weeks theme is Five Favorite Fall Activities. Here’s my top 5 in no particular order:
1. Fall Running. There is something so special to me about fall running. The cool air on my face, the crunch of the fallen leaves under my feet, the wonderfully distracting Halloween decorations, the sound of people cheering on their favorite football team while I’m the only one out running. It’s like having the world a little bit to myself on those morning runs.
2. Pie, baking pie, eating pie. Fall is pie weather to me. I don’t normally eat pie during other times of the year but pie is the smell and taste of cozy to me. And it always means family to me.
3. Coffee. I love drinking coffee all year round and I’d hate to imagine a life without it but when that cool weather hits, I love to get bundled up and sit on my porch, drink my coffee and watch the world go by.
4. Annual Fall camping trip. Every year Hubby and I gather up our friends and head out to camp. We have a favorite campground on a lake that at about mid-October we have all to ourselves. It’s the last trip of the year and usually the best.
5. In the fall, the Sand Hill Cranes migrate through our area. I love going down to the preserve to watch them. They are such beautiful creatures. I just heard my first ones while on break at work on Wednesday. I searched for them and searched for them until I finally saw them flying very high, headed in the direction of the preserve.
Fall is my favorite time of year. But between all the fun activities and the training I’m doing, this year I’m going to have to work hard to make sure it doesn’t pass me by and become winter while I’m not looking.
What are your favorite fall activities?
Do you have any weird obsessions with season waterfowl?
Do you like pie? What’s your favorite?