This week has been really tough with lots of things happening every day and I intended to write this post yesterday but I ended up in a meeting that lasted from 8:30am to 12:45pm and by the time I got lunch and dealt with a few things that wouldn’t wait, it was time for me to go meet the in-laws for dinner and then off to a seminar at my local Fleet Feet. I didn’t get home until 8:45 and I was wiped out.
So here it is, My Five Favorite Things…
1. My squats app on my phone. Love this thing. Granted I’m only doing about 26 squats per day but I’m always forgetting and with the app, it reminds me to do the squats.
2. Free seminars at my local Fleet Feet. Lasts nights was Movement lynchpin by Dr. Lau. He talked about how pain in one area of the body is often caused by something else, usually an area that’s supposed to be moving but isn’t and how the body compensates for that.
3. The gym. Since my groin pull, I’ve been spending a lot of time in the gym on the treadmill. I used to own one but got rid of it when I discovered how much I loved running outside but with my injury, being able to run on the mill saved me a lot of pain and got me back on the road to recovery much, much faster than I would have if I’d tried to continue running outside.
4. My Fitbit. Stalk me here. I love how much this little thing helps me stay active during the day. My job is very stationary. Not much movement here. I work at a computer all day and if I didn’t have this little thing, I would never move. It’s a great thing. Now if only it could remind me to sit up straight.
5. Lara Bars, especially the lemon bar. So yum and so not full of nasty things like preservatives and added sugar. Love them so much right now.
I could have made this list so much longer and gone on for days because this list didn’t include coffee, running, jeans, fall weather, spending time with family…a million options. Sometimes five is just the tip of the iceberg.
What are your five favorite things?
The weekend is almost here, just a few more hours. What do you have planned? Any long runs?